1 lb of ground Italian sausage (hot or mild)
1 small onion
2 tbs olive oil
2 minced garlic cloves
4 c. liquid (combination of chicken broth and water, either 1 can broth and 2 c. water or 1 qt broth)
1 can (drained) or 2 c. white beans (I use dry and freeze in two c. portions)
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
3/4 c. elbow macaroni or other small pasta
salt and pepper to taste
1 c. fresh spinach, cut in strips
parm cheese to taste
1. Brown and crumble sausage and set aside. (You can see my son doing this here.)
2. Saute onion in oil until tender and then add garlic for a minute or so.
3.Add liquid, beans, tomatoes, macaroni, sausage, and salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
4. Cook for about 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
5. Add spinach. Cook a few minutes until it wilts.
6. Serve it up with parm cheese.
He LOVES this soup! Hope you do too!
From our home to yours,