Saturday, January 2, 2010

Imagine it, me crafty.....

I am not a crafty person, never claimed to be. It is just not my thing. I am amazed when I see the things people create.

We recently redid our bathroom. It came out wonderful and my husband did a great job! One of the things we hoped to accomplish with the new bathroom was a system to elimate the "towel problem". You know the one, it's where your child(ren) use a towel once, then toss it or hang it somewhere, then they take a new one next time. You are doing the laundry and have no idea where all these towels have come from or who to blame for them making it into to the laundry after one use.

We decided to default to our system of colors. In our house each boy has a color. We have colors, for cups.....

colors for bowls....
so why not towels!
So I hit Michael's...not my favorite thing to do, it overwhelms me to be honest. I see lots of great ideas, but not sure I can pull them off. Anyway...here is what I came home with, 4 wooden plaques and a bunch of wooden letters.

The boys set off painting their plaques and the letters of their name. I wish I had know that the tempura paint didn't really cover wood well. It took lots of coats and there still wasn't as dark as I wanted. Oh well....you live and you learn.
This is what we ended up with...
Then I glued the letters on and my husband hung them in the bathroom with a hook. We bought the boys new towels, each in their own color.
Here is the end result! Not too bad and I think they will serve their purpose.
I will never be a crafty person, but sometimes it is fun to pretend! And now I will know who left their towel on the floor!!
From our home to yours,
Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!! You are so organized and I love how the boys all were involved in the process. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! It looks great..and I love the names on the plaques...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really good idea - and it looks so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete