Friday, January 29, 2010
Freezer Cooking in February!
Money Saving Mom and Life As MOM are teaming up again for their monthly Freezer Cooking Day. I am so excited that we are supposed to have bad weather because I am hoping that this will be my largest Freezer Cooking Day yet!
I know I made a plan not to grocery shop until the February 1st, but then the weather report said that we were going to get snow and when you live in North Carolina, you MUST go to the grocery store before it snows, so I did! Plus, it turns out that there was a little miscommunication between Chuck and I on the budget, but I'll clear that up later. It also didn't hurt that Kroger and Harris Teeter had some great deals that I couldn't pass up (I saved about $130), that were desperately needed to restock my pantry for this Freezer Cooking Day. Additionally, when I have a large portion of the dinner ready to take out of the freezer for my men, I can focus on cooking my meal separately if theirs has dairy and meat.
Here is what I have planned to make over the next few days:
-vegan - Banana Berry Coconut Muffins
-French Toast Sticks
-Whole Wheat Waffles
-Whole Wheat Bagels
-Baked Pasta Casserole
-cook and cube/shred chicken
-brown ground beef
-Freezer Mashed Potatoes
-Layered Chicken Enchilada Casserole
-vegan - garlic basil muffins
-vegan - Cranberry Orange Bread x 2
Day 1 - January 29th
1. Make Whole Wheat Bread for French Toast Sticks
2. Bake sweet potatoes
3. Cook chicken in crockpot.
4. Cook black beans in crockpot.
5. Assemble Sweet Potato Casserole and freeze.
Day 2 - January 30th
1. Peel, cube and cook potatoes in crockpot for Freezer Mashed Potatoes
2. Begin Sauce and make meatballs.
3. Brown the rest of the beef.
4. Cook pasta and make bagel dough.
5. Assemble Freezer Mashed Potatoes, Baked Pasta Casserole and Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
6. Mix up waffle mix and cook as I make all the other muffins and breads.
Day 3 - January 31st
1. Finish up anything that didn't get done and RELAX!!
We'll see how it goes!
Posted by cjtoscano at 11:13 AM