Saturday, January 23, 2010

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I love this recipe! I always have everything on had. They are dairy free. Though they don't have eggs, due to the honey in them, many vegans wouldn't eat them, so I won't call them vegan.



One way that I speed up the process when I make baked goods, especially those with bananas is to throw all the wet ingredients in my Vitamix. It mixes it completely in a matter of seconds. My family doesn't like chunks of warm banana, so this is a great way to avoid that.



So, in the Vitamix (you could use your blender) place 3 ripe bananas, 1/2 c. honey, 3 tbs canola oil, and 1 tsp vanilla. Blend until smooth.




Combine 1 1/2 c. ww pastry flour, 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1 tsp cinnamon.



Add banana and mix until the wet and dry mixture are fully combined. I throw in a couple of handfuls of chocolate chips and/or walnuts.



I used the largest Pampered Chef cookie scoop when I am using muffins to scoop them into the stone. Bake them for about 20-30 minutes at 350. My boys also love these in mini muffins.


Have a great day!
Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. Jenn, what chocolate chips do you use since they are dairy free?
    Kirstie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this! K1 made some banana muffins yesterday (dairy free)...didn't have the dairy free chocolate chips :(.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the Trader Joe's Semi Sweet. My SIL told me they were vegan and her husband is pretty strict, so I trusted her. If you have allergies you should definately check for yourself. Whole Foods definately has them.

    Tracey, did they like them?

    ReplyDelete