I am going to try to start sharing a new recipe from each menu plan.
Last week, we made a family favorite, White Bean and Barley Risotto. We all love this recipe and so I need to double it if it is our main course. It is a pantry meal for us as I always have everything on hand.
White Bean and Barley Risotto
1 large onion chopped
2 1/2 c. broth of your choice
1/2 c. pearl barley
1 can or 2 cups white beans
1. Saute onion in olive oil until translucent, about 5 minutes
2. Stir in broth and barley, bring to a boil.
3. Lower heat, cover and simmer until barley is tender, about 40 minutes.
4. Stir in white beans and season with salt and pepper. Heat the beans through, about 5 minutes.
5. Add parm cheese to taste.
From our home to yours,