Monday, December 21, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


We have a busy week this week, as I am sure you all have!

-On Wednesday we have our very dear friends coming over for dinner. I am doing the meat and dessert and she is bringing the sides. I will be making my mom's famous Anisette cookies for dessert. I'll try to remember to take a picture of them before they are gone!

-We spend Christmas Eve at my Mother-in-Law's home. I am going to be preparing some veggie sides and a vegan dessert.

-This will be the first Christmas that I am cooking by myself. Usually my mom and I do it together and have a blast, but this year she will be having Christmas in NY with my brother, nephew and some special friends, so I am on my own. During the Thanksgiving sales I purchased a couple of turkey's, so we'll be having one of those. Though the menu plan looks simple, I am going to embelish, just haven't done the research yet. I'll get back to you on that ;) All sides and desserts will be vegan that I can assure you.

Here is our plan for this week:

Sunday, December 20, 2009
cereal and green drink
toasted PB&J and tuna sandwiches, carrot sticks, applesauce
Pasta Fagioli (recipe coming soon!)

Monday, December 21, 2009
eggs, muffins, oranges
mac/cheese, cut up veggies
Chick Pea Pot Pie (I didn't get to it last week!)

Tuesday, December 22, 2009
cinnamon raisin bread, bananas
chick pea/pasta soup, pepper slices, oranges
spaghetti w/ sausage and peppers, salad

Wednesday, December 23, 2009
cereal, green drink
PB&J sandwiches, carrots and cukes, pears
Spiced Rubbed Roast Pork, Anisette cookies (mom's recipe)

Thursday, December 24, 2009
Whole Wheat pancakes, oranges
pizza, salad
Mimi's house

Friday, December 25, 2009 - Merry CHRISTmas!
Monkey Bread
leftovers from Christmas Eve
Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, roasted broccoli, apple pie
(I am excited to try some new variations of the above, I'll let you know how they work out!)

Saturday, December 26, 2010
eggs, toast
turkey sandwiches
latkes, salad

For more menu ideas, check out http://www.orgjunkie.com/!

Merry Christmas,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment