Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Freezer Cooking Day


One of my favorite blogs is http://www.moneysavingmom.com/. She shares tons of tips for living frugally and shares all the great deals. She is hosting a blogging event and I am participating. It is a Freezer Cooking Day. She is pairing up with http://www.lifeasamom.com/, another great blog.


I love to fill my freezer and as mentioned in last week's menu plan, I depleted it getting ready for our Thanksgiving trip. I hardly cooked last week, except for one gem I discovered, which I share later this week. It was a blessing not having to worry about cooking all week. But now, my freezer is pretty empty.


This Freezer day will cover mostly baked goods and beans. I actually have no beans in my freezer and that never happens, since beans are a staple in my diet. It will take place over two days. I will post pictures of what I actually get done at its conclusion.


Here is my plan so far:

-homemade veggie burgers (Thanks Ruth!)

-vegan gingerbread

-roasting, pureeing a large pumpkin

-vegan pumpkin pancakes

-granola


-pumpkin chocolate chip muffins

-rye bread

-beans- white, black, kidney, chick peas

-refried beans


Wish me luck!


From our home to yours,

Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment