Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Freezer Day Results

Freezer Day has come and gone and I am just now getting to post the results. Sorry about that.

We had a crazy week with C1's birthday, unpacking, a broken oven and art classes. Now that I finally have a few minutes I wanted to share with you what I was able to accomplish. It wasn't everything I had on my original list, but what I got done will certainly make things easier in the coming weeks.

Here goes...


With some help :), I was able to roast a large pumpkin and puree it.


We ended up with 20 cups of pumpkin! Most of it was frozen in two cup portions.

But some of it went into 4 loaves of yummy vegan pumpkin bread (Chuck said it is the best bread he's ever eaten!)and three batches of vegan pumpkin pancakes.


We also roasted up the seeds and snacked on those all week.


I also make 8 cups of soy yogurt in the crockpot. I turned half the batch into chocolate yogurt and we ate it for breakfast with the coconut granola seen below.


Beans, beans, and more beans. Beans are super easy to make in the crockpot and then put in freezer containers. I ended up doing 3 containers of white, 3 red, and 5 pinto (1 is missing from the picture because I used it for the veggie burgers pictured underneath.
I love this recipe for Veggie Chili Burgers from my friend Ruth. I made this whole batch and then froze them individually for when the family is having a meat dish.
2 Rye breads...

I also made 2 batches of whole wheat corn muffins, but I didn't get a picture of those.
We are loaded up with breakfast for a while now.
Did you do any baking this week?
From our home to yours,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment