Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Menu Plan




We were out of town for the Thanksgiving Holiday, so sorry this is a bit late.


Below you will see what we are having this week. As you can see we are having a special birthday this week. Our oldest son is turning 10! He is very excited. What you see on December 3rd are all of his special requests. I am not sure I can replicate my mom's mashed potatoes, but I'll try. I've tried so many times to make them like she does, but I just can't. I wonder if you have a recipe that only your mom can make?


Anywho...


Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Creamy raspberry oatmeal, pineapple juice
Chick pea/pasta soup, tuna sandwiches
M- meatballs, baked sweet potatoes, white bean/barley risotto, roasted broccoli

Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Pumpkin Pancakes, Green drink
Corn Chowder (made in Vitamix), kiwi
V-Toasted Garlic and Sweet Pea Pasta, salad, bread

Thursday, December 3, 2009 (Birthday Dinner for Boy #1)
Toast w/apple butter, pineapple juice
Pizza, carrot sticks, oranges
M-cheeseburgers/homemade veggie burgers, Nana’s mashed potatoes, corn, cake

Friday, December 4, 2009
Vanilla soy yogurt (made in Crockpot), granola
Kid’s Dynamo Hummus w/veggies and crackers, apples
V- Pepperoni/Cheese Pizza, salad

Saturday, December 5, 2009
Eggs/toast (Dad makes breakfast on Saturday morning)
Leftovers
Mac/cheese, carrot sticks (Date Night for Mom and Dad!)


For more menu ideas check out http://www.organizingjunkie.com/


From our home to yours,

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. All your meals always look so yummy! I know what you mean about trying to make something like your mom. Every year for my birthday my mom made me a chiffon cake and frosting. I have her recipes - but it just never seems to be as good.
    Good luck with the potatoes! I am sure they will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sounds so good Jen - you need to write a cookbook, because I'm tempted to ask for all the recipes! Especially how you make yogurt in your crockpot and homemade veggie burgers!

    My grandma always made homemade egg noodles cooked in either the turkey broth on Thanksgiving, or the beef broth from a Sunday roast, or chicken broth. I was lucky enough before she died to spend time with her in the kitchen and learn how to make them like she did, because my mom never could. Now my kids love the noodles too, and my mom always requests them when she comes to visit ... ;-) A very special recipe indeed.

    Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete