Monday, December 28, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes



You see these on my menu plan a lot, so I thought I'd share them! They are yummy! I usually double or triple the recipe and freeze for a quick breakfast on school mornings.
They are also healthy, a delicious bonus! This recipe is made with whole wheat flour and is dairy free, with very little sugar and fat. Additionally, they are a good source for beta-carotene. Since, I don't care for orange veggies (sweet potatoes, winter squash, carrots), I struggle to get beta-carotene in my diet. The best place for me to squeeze it in is in baked goods, sweet and yeast breads, muffins and of course, pancakes and waffles!


Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes (original recipe is from here)
1 1/4 c. Whole Wheat Pastry flour (you could substitute AP flour)
2 tbs sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 c soy or other dairy free milk
1/3 c. pumpkin puree (Remember, I have a ton!)
2 tbs Earth Balance (dairy free butter) melted
egg replacer for 1 egg

1. Whisk dry ingredients.
2. In another bowl whisk wet ingredients.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
4. Cook on a griddle or in a greased pan for about 3 minutes per side.
From our home to yours,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment