Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tropical Fruit Salad



Produce this week was plentiful and we got lots of pineapple, kiwi, oranges, and mangoes. So I decided to make an old favorite, a favorite that brings me to summertime, a place I need to be right now. Tired of this crazy weather! You? If so, give this a try, it will lift your spirits and seriously boost your vitamin C!

Tropical Fruit Salad
adapted from Vegetarian Times

Mix together the following for the fruit salad:
  • 1 medium pineapple, cored and cubed
  • 2 medium mangoes, cubed
  • 2 oranges, segmented or sliced
  • 3 kiwi, sliced

Combine these indgredients for the dressing:

  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 3 tbs sugar
  • 2 tbs orange juice
  • 2 tsp. lime zest (my boys don't care for it, so I leave it out)

Toss the salad with the dressing. Put it in the fridge for about 20 for the flavors to blend.

Enjoy!

Jen

(My camera is getting fixed, so I apologize that I don't have a picture of the salad that I made.)

No comments:

Post a Comment