Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Menu Plan Monday (on Tuesday)!



Last week, I mentioned that I would be trying a few new recipes. There are two that are worth mentioning, because they were excellent. The first one is Roasted Tomato Soup . It is excellent. Very creamy and filling. Perfect for a cold night. The second one was Ginger Fried Rice. Be sure to check this out. I know it looks like an odd combination, the fried egg with the rice, and I wasn't sure that my boys would eat it. But everyone LOVED it! Especially my husband, he had at least two helpings.

I also mentioned last week that I was eating some cheese. After a week of eating cheese, I understand why I gave it up in the first place. I just felt YUCK! I was very tired and my stomach was upset. Incidentally, a close friend of my emailed and asked if I'd be interested in doing a raw food cleanse. She is doing it for 30-60 days. After my flop with the Eat to Live plan at the beginning of the year, I was skeptical. But because of my week of cheese eating, I decided to give it a shot. I added some additions, so it isn't 100% raw. I am allowing myself some decaf green tea and lentil soup and rice pasta once a week, otherwise everything else is raw. We'll see....

Therefore, this week will consist mostly of food that I have prepared on freezer days for the boys. Nothing too exciting this week.

Breakfast ideas:
1. cereal x2
2. Eggs and toast
3. waffles
4. creamy strawberry oatmeal
5. whole wheat pancakes
6. toast
Most days we'll have a green smoothie. If not, we'll serve the boys fruit.

Lunch ideas:
1. chick pea and pasta soup
2. leftovers
3. chicken and cheese quesadillas
4. PB & J sandwiches
5. Chili Chicken and Vegetable Soup
6. Deep Dark Chocolate Biscotti & hot chocolate
We serve fruit and veggies with lunch each day. Choices for this week include: grapefruits, clementines, applesauce, carrots, corn, and salad.
Dinner ideas:
1. Ziti Casserole
2. Hamburgers, mashed potatoes, and peas
3. Enchilada Casserole, roasted cauliflower & 16 roasted cloves of garlic
4. Rice and Beans, with honey glazed carrots
5. chili w/cilantro rice
6. homemade pizza
We will be having salad and bread or rolls with most dinners.
Snack ideas:
-cheese and crackers
-veggies w/dip
-fruit
-carrot cupcakes w/cream cheese frosting

Hope you have a great week.
Jennifer

For more menu ideas, check out http://www.orgjunkie.com/

1 comment: