Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spaghetti with Zucchini and Garlic

I love zucchini, but unfortunately, my boys do not. I have found that the only way I can get them to eat it is in a muffin, sweet bread or in this dish, Spaghetti with Zucchini and Garlic. We all LOVE this dish. It is very simple and has minimal ingredients. It is from Rachel Ray's cookbook, 30 Minute Meals 2. It is one of her older cookbooks, but there are a lot of good recipes in it. This is a favorite.

Ingredients:

1 pound spaghetti, cooked al dente
2 small to medium zucchini
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves of garlic chopped
salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Saute your garlic in the olive oil. I throw in some red pepper flakes.

Add shredded zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Saute 7-10 minutes.


Add your hot, drained cooked past to the zucchini and toss. Add a couple handfuls of grated cheese. Use the rest of the cheese to individual plates.



I know this is simple, but the flavors are wonderful and it is very quick, easy, inexpensive, and healthy. I hope you give it a try!
Jen

1 comment:

  1. Jen - I made this tonight and my family devoured it! My kiddos were so skeptical as I was cooking, but - once they tasted it - the LOVED it! Thanks for sharing such great recipes! :0)

    ReplyDelete