Monday, November 16, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


Sunday, November 15, 2009
Cereal and Green Drink
Lunch at church
M-chili macaroni (freezer meal), broccoli

Monday, November 16, 2009
Oatmeal bake, yogurt (homemade), oranges
spinach rice balls (never got to have them last week) and pineapple
V – Garlic Soup, salad & bread

Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Homemade Frozen waffles, green drink
Taco soup (freezer meal-Thanks Dawn!), oranges
M- Smothered chicken w/garlic, rice, sautéed kale

Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Toast, yogurt (homemade), bananas
Ham and cheese sandwiches, carrot sticks, applesauce (from freezer)
V-Spaghetti w/garlic and oil, salad

Thursday, November 19, 2009
Gingerbread (from freezer), Green Drink
Sandwiches (tuna or PB&J), pepper strips, oranges
M-meatloaf (freezer meal-Thanks Dawn!), roasted potatoes and carrots, spinach with garlic and oil

Friday, November 20, 2009
Cereal, banana
leftovers
V- Pepperoni/Cheese Pizza, salad

Saturday, November 21, 2009
Thanksgiving Vacation
As you can see we are eating a lot from the freezer, as well as, a lot of GARLIC! Let me explain!

We will be heading up to see Mom and Dad for Thanksgiving and I want to take advantage of all of our freezer meals before we go. It will be a huge blessing to not have to cook as much while I am trying to pack and teach this week. This is a great benefit for having a freezer full of food. We'll also be able to take snacks from the freezer as well.

Okay...now for the garlic! When mom was here in October, she bought us a huge braid of garlic for $5 at B.J.'s. I should have counted the bulbs. I'm guessing about 30-40! We love garlic and have used up at least half of it. I'd like to use up the rest before we head out, thus all the garlic meals. I am sure none of my guys will mind. Usually, all they have to smell is garlic and they get excited for dinner.

Posts I am hoping to share with you this week:

-green drink
- A lot of you ask me what I eat being a vegetarian/vegan (I flucuate). I'll share how I work around the meat in my home at meal time.
-One recipe from above, if there is one in particular you'd like, let me know in the comments section

Please check out Organizing Junkie for more ideas and menu plans.

From Our Home to Yours,
Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Jen, I would love to know how you make your green drink. I know you posted it on FB before but I can't find it.

    Thanks,Renee

    ReplyDelete